Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I last posted almost three months ago! :(

Almost three months since I last posted.

For the same reason as I stated in my last blog entry--when I'm discouraged, I don't want to put it all down on paper. Or screen, I guess :D

BUT, I think I'm finally on my way! I've now had five fills. I went from .5 ccs to 3 ccs, to 3.5 ccs, to 5 ccs, to 8 ccs. My last fill was on April 27th, and for the first two weeks, although I noticed more restriction, I was still able to eat as much as I wanted of the right foods, plus I was hungry a lot. So I figured another fill was coming soon.

Then....something happened. Several of you bloggers told me that it can take 2-3 weeks to feel the full restriction from a fill. I got back into town after a few days at the beach. I'd gained another pound. I'd been playing around with the same 4-5 pounds ever since January when I got off my liquid diet. I'd gain them and then really diet hard and lose them. All the while, I felt I was getting no help from the band--that any weight loss I was able to accomplish was through sheer willpower and nothing else.

So anyway, I get back from the beach and the next morning, it was REALLY hard to get my morning protein shake down! Wha??? And from then on, I was barely able to eat anything! I had to slow down, chew my food better, choose my foods wisely, and even then, I was barely able to keep more than 1/4 to 1/2 cup food down at a sitting.

All I can say is YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since last Thursday when we got back, I've relost the 4 pounds I'd gained, plus two more!!!! Making my total weight loss 22 pounds!!!

That doesn't sound like much, even to me, but you can't believe how many months I've been stuck at 20 lbs, then 15, then 20, etc.

I'm loving the band now! It is truly helping me--and I'm doing my part by eating the proper foods. I'm reexcited (is that a word?) about losing weight and am again hopeful that this is going to change my life!!!

7 comments:

  1. You should keep posting :P Don't be a stranger to the blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the happy dance for you, Jill. That is GREAT! Don't wait another month before posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I can only wish that would happen to me.. I have 8.00 ccs in my band and my restriction is so so.. So it would be very reassuring if this could happen to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Amanda--I'll try not to!!!

    Barbara, when did you get your last fill? It took at least 3 weeks for this one to fully kick in. Not sure what triggered it, but don't lose hope, it'll happen! I wasn't sure it would, but now that I've seen it, I know it will happen for you too. Maybe you'll need another fill, but maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job hanging in there...glad the restriction finally came!!! Keep posting...especially at the next tough spot, it's when you need the support the most...even if it's your fault (not that this one was LOL) sometimes it helps to see that we all make mistakes. Keep posting GF, it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been hard for you being so excited about getting the band and then not having restriction. Glad it is finally working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see yu are still hanging in there...restriction can be such a funny thing...keep at it

    ReplyDelete