Thursday, May 27, 2010

What To Do

I went on a liquid diet today after my last episode of PB'ing, which occurred after I ate 1/4 of an apple, unpeeled. TMI warning: I PB'd about 5 times after eating it and felt sore in my throat afterward. I decided I would go on a liquid diet for 24 hours and then decide what to do.

I do not want to get an unfill and I don't really think I need one, but I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts. Janelle thinks maybe I need an unfill.

My last fill was April 27th and I was fine (although didn't have enough restriction) until last Thursday, about 3 weeks after my fill, when I started feeling some really good restriction. I have 8.1 ccs in my 10 cc band. Starting on Thursday, my band totally restricted the amount I could eat. If I ate too much, I PB'd.

The problem is, I'm PB'ing pretty much at every meal except breakfast with my protein shake. I keep thinking I just need to eat less and slower and I really think if I did that, I wouldn't PB. I've been trying to notice my body's symptoms when I'm eating too much and today, I had done okay until that damn apple.

I am loving this restriction and loving the weight loss. And I'd have no problem PB'ing after most meals as long as it isn't damaging my band.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have been waiting so long to feel the band that now that I do, I don't want to do anything to change it!

5 comments:

  1. I would do the shakes and mushies in hopes that the band will settle a little and stretch out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice would be to wait just a bit longer. By rights, you shouldn't be PBing as much as you are but then you dont mention stuggling to get food down nor any reflux (two big signs.) Just take it easy (which you are doing with the liquids) but be aware after being on liquids you may still be a bit tight until that band loosens off a little. Are you eating reaaaaaally slow? Cos you need to really slow down with good restriction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I really want to wait a bit. I don't have reflux at all, and I don't struggle to get food down, at least I don't think so. I mean, I guess it isn't going down since it's coming back up--lol. I will stay on liquids and then will slow waaayyyy down when I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you PB twice a day and have for the past week (which is what you told me), then I think you need to get a tiny unfill. Just a tiny one. That is a lot of PBing, seems bad to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I can't give you any advice as I'm preband, but I'm sure you'll get great advice from the pros.

    ReplyDelete